Notes/Steps to Follow:
- Please call or review the website for the Superior Court of the county where the Affidavit of Succession will be filed to find address and fee information.
- You can also call the probate division of the court to ask any questions regarding filing or obtaining a certified copy of the Affidavit once it has been filed.
- Filing the Affidavit and making a request for a certified copy can be done at the same time.
- The filing fee for an Affidavit of Succession is usually the same as the filing fee for a petition or an application in probate; the certified copy is an additional charge.
- After you have filed the Affidavit and received the certified copy for recording; check the recording information for the County where the Affidavit must be recorded.
- The title succession is not complete until the certified Affidavit has been recorded.